Thursday, April 06, 2006

Good News or Bad ?

Good news and bad news in office today. Not too sure whether I should celebrate or cry over it?

This morning, I was doing a mad rush for the art paper for approval. A very tedious process since art is like "you can have it or you don't". Alot of hiccups along the way (good things never run smooth huh) and today I finally wrapped it up, signed and endorsed by my department big boss.

Everything was smooth until i encountered my first question from the approving authority (AA). Why like this.. why like that? Oh oh.. Can't answer. Must double check with my senior for the "right" answer. The authority don't take people as junior as me answers as "answer". So I beat a hasty retreat, assured the AA that I will check and confirm and answer his question. (Hope that will reassure him, the next time I see him).

**********************

Back to the news. My senior broke the news that the two portfolios I am doing was taken over by another engineer. Wah... Came as quite a shock. Not that I am particularly fond of these 2 projects but then responsibilities reduce. Even though these two are considered "ECA", not my core responsibility but they are still "ECA". No more brownie points to score! (sob sob) Senior also had her fair share taken over by another guy. It's more on the "management" shift. I just happen to be the affected party.

Hopefully, my art project still retain. My Senior said she will fight hard for us to do that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

see that ur dept in trouble huh; when u start losing jobs profile - means ur boss not doing work... and it also means time to eject soon :P

Cat Flying said...

how to eject? anyway its because my boss is overloaded and now working effectively cos she is the bottleneck.