Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Revival of my Computer!

A cat has nine lives and my computer has two!

On Sunday, I was lamenting the loss of my CPU as I couldn't get it start up. After 2 days of toggling with the plug, I finally declare this computer dead.

This morning, I consulted a computer engineer to-be (Uni student attach to my division) about the cost of a power ac supply and whether i could DIY the replacement?

Conclusion. 4 years old computer, idiot computer owner (cannot tell what is what), replacement cost = new computer.

While I was walking home 10 mins ago, the expert engineer's words of wisdom kept echoing in my mind. "sometimes it will take 24 hours for the power supply to turn on. Dell is automatic". Honestly, I don't know what he meant but obviously I must try to start it again, 48 hours later.

The result.

I am now using the trustworthy, 4 years old computer to blog again! Yeah!!
No more lugging my notebook home from now on. hehe

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

only have one advise

backup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

u will never know when it will die on u again

said...

I dun have such luck with my spoilt 'ctrl' key... no 'ctrl' 'alt' 'del' means I can't enter windows...so it probably means lugging my laptop home till my solution arrives... arrgh....luck....
so who's this expert engr?... obviously i badly need some advice as well...haha