Thursday, March 30, 2006

Rehearsal for Wannabe Pianists

It's a wonderful day today. Everything goes very smoothly for me starting from a major block-buster presentation to my Board Directors about one interesting programme i am doing. Of course, cat didn't get to show off her presentation skills but my boss whom I am assisting.

************

Rehearsal was very fun! There wer 16 pianists, some very good, some very bad. In fact, not many of my teacher's students are playing. There was one guy who had a performing diploma, so he is exceptionally good! Many of them played with alot of frills which are not really to my taste. I prefer soothing songs, lounge type and if possible, contemporary pop ballads.

I played Over the Rainbow. Hiccups at first during practise but then during the rehearsal i think i played it quite beautifully. Jan commented that it was very refreshing to hear it after so many technical trills and frilly in others. Well, I think for mere mortals, playing classic would be the right choice. Otherwise, why these ever greens like "Moon Represent My Heart", "Moon River", "Can't Help Falling in Love" remain so popular after 30-40 years?

The test will come on the actual day on Saturday. Very unfortunate that T can't attend but I will still have fun!!

No comments: