Tuesday, December 02, 2008

I am a Pill Popping Girl

I am astonished by the variety of pills I have to pop per day.

Thanks to my medical checkup recently, I was diagnosed to have a certain virus in my body. The cure, anti-biotics for 10 days, and subsequently many many days of TCM medication.

The modern TCM medication comes in the form of granules which is similar to instant mixes like 3-in 1 coffee. I have been going through the torture of having 2 packets per drink, 2 drinks per day. I completed the first dose, and now switching to the 2nd dose. Very bitter I would say but what to do? Medical help here is a far cry from the medical facilities we have at home.

First, no private consultation. The consultation room is an open office concept where there are 2 desks inside. Behind the desk is the doctor and beside, a chair for the patient. In between the consultation, patients can walk in and out to check whether it's their turn. And halfway through, the doctor will break out into a chat with the doctor sitting in front, totally ignoring your existence and your questions. In the end, I gave up trying to get a respond from the doctor. If you can do OTC medication, than don't go visit a doc. Oh, and I didn't go to any guching gurak clinic. I went to a big National Hospital.

Take my yeast infection for example(caused by the anti-biotics I was having), in the end I had to get OTC medication for self-treatment. For any life-threatening illness, I think I have to fly back to Singapore. No 2 doubts about it.

Oh, I digress...

Anyway, was telling MsPandaeye the numbers of pills I have to pop everyday! She said I am mad.. Indeed, I think so too. Let me list down what I have to swallow everyday

1. 4 tablets of vege supplements
2. 6 collagen tablets
3. TCM drink (morning)
4. Acidophilus (after every meal)
5. If I remember Folic Acid
6. TCM Tablets to regulate menses
7. TCM drink (at night)



No comments: