Sunday, September 14, 2008

Happy Mid-Autumn Festival! 中秋节快乐

This is my first year spending my Mid Autumn Festival in Shanghai, China. Unlike my previous years in Singapore, I am spending it alone with T. The weather today isn't that good and was raining this afternoon due to the typhoon. Cannot see the moon tonight.

T received so many boxes of mooncakes up to the extent that I thought it was really ridiculous. We have kept 8 boxes and gave the rest away. How can both of us eat so many mooncakes in one go?? So I ended up taking some mooncakes to office to share with my colleagues.

If you think mooncakes are selling cheap here. WRONG. Each box retails at about 200-300 RMB which convert to Singapore dollars is about 50 - 60plus. The most expensive of them all is the Haagen Dazs 七星伴月 which is about 400++ RMB. (80+ sing).

Most of the mooncakes are similar to Singapore traditional types except they have green tea, cheese with lian rong, truffles with lian rong. I still prefer the the lian rong with eggs.


Thinking if T "ren yuan" is so good next year, I can prolly set up shop to sell the extra mooncakes at a discount.

Haagen Dazs 7th stars surrounding the moon.

Hotel Mayfair Mooncake. I love the box design.

2 boxes of Andersen Ice-cream


2 boxes of Christine Mooncake Gift Set (with truffle inside)

While blogging, I am eating the Haagen Dazs Cookie and Cream Mooncake. Very nice ! ! !

1 comment:

琪 said...

Not fair!... I din get to eat so many different varieties of mooncake this year! *jealous*